About the Nishinomiya (Osaka/Kobe), Japan Program
The Nishinomiya (Osaka/Kobe) program is a USAC partnership program. Learn more about on-site program elements and the city itself below.
- Population: approx. 484,000
- Distance from Tokyo: 311 miles
- Distance from Hiroshima: 195 miles
Nishinomiya is the perfect off the beaten path location, conveniently located equidistant from the attractive port city of Kobe and the eclectic and historical city of Osaka. Other nearby cities, such as Kyoto and Nara, provide many opportunities to explore the distinct Kansai region of Japan. Within an hour you can savor the “food capital” of Japan in Osaka, Japan’s third largest city, and visit the beautiful port city of Kobe.
Live and study in the Hyōgo Prefecture where you can visit local shrines, cheer one of Japan’s oldest baseball teams, the Hanshin Tigers, to victory, and bike along the car-free Mukogawa Cycling Road.
2024-25 Application Cycle
- Fall/Yearlong 2024-25: Open
- Deadline: Feb 15
- Spring 2025: Open
- Deadline: Sept 15
- Minimum GPA: 3.0
- Minimum class standing: Junior
- Open to degree-seeking students attending a 4-year institution at the time of application
3 letters of recommendation (learn more)