Are you the next great addition to the University Studies Abroad Consortium team? Discover more about USAC as an organization, learn about the interview process and compensation, and find current open positions.
Do you love to explore new cultures and languages? Do you long to inspire others about the value of traveling and exploring the world? Are your career choices influenced by a study abroad or travel experience? Then USAC may be the place for you!
We're looking for team players who share a passion for international education and have a great work ethic. At USAC, we live and breathe our vision, mission, and values. These are not just words on a page, rather, they embody big-picture goals, represent our daily work, and reflect the traits we look for in our work community.
A world where differences are appreciated and respected.
Inspire international learning and engaged global citizenship through affordable, culturally authentic academic experiences.
- Bring a genuine spirit to everything you do and everyone you meet.
- Be genuine, reliable, and trustworthy.
- Stay true to our beliefs and values.
- As an organization that offers the world, we must adjust to its changes.
- Be flexible and adjust to changing factors.
- Across teams, across universities, across borders.
- Work together towards shared goals.
- Passion for our students, for our mission, and for our vision.
- Committed to give the time and energy to the task at hand.
- Our greatest path to creativity.
- In thought, in culture, and in people.
- Think independently, together.
- Embrace that everyone is unique.
- Strive for greatness in everything you do.
- Set the bar. Then set it a bit higher.
- With everything you do, do your best.
- Deliver outstanding quality.
- Be the person your dog thinks you are.
- Who are you when no one is watching?
- Reflect ethical standards.
- In our classrooms, in our communities, and in our world.
- Create a long-lasting impression in the minds and hearts of all.
To get started, we ask applicants to submit a cover letter and resume. Your cover letter should summarize why you would be the best fit for the position. The hiring manager will review these documents, then select those candidates based on their cover letter and resume to be the best possible fit for the position to move through our process.
During the interviewing phase, there are typically at least two rounds of interviews for regular full-time positions. Instead of a phone screen, we have an initial Zoom meeting with one to three staff members. The second round usually includes a larger audience. There may be subsequent rounds to determine suitability for employment. At every step of the way you will have a chance to ask questions.
For guidance, the following is recommended:
- Take the time to research the organization and arrive with questions regarding the position, role, team, and organization.
- Be prepared to meet employees across the organization.
- Be able to provide specific details about past work experiences and situations that demonstrate how and why you’ll be the best fit at USAC.
- Show us your passion for international education.
- Talk to your references and let them know you are interviewing with us – we give them a call often between the second and third round.
Please note: We use BambooHR to recruit; emails may be sent to your spam inbox.
USAC provides a comprehensive total rewards package that includes base salary, benefits for regular full-time and part-time employees working 30 or more hours. Benefits include medical, high-quality dental and vision, employer-paid benefits such as LTD, STD, AD&D, Life and EAP, generous paid leave time, which includes annual, sick, and 13 paid holidays; and a 401(k) plan with an employer match.
USAC is based on the campus of University of Nevada, Reno, in Reno, NV. UNR is a beautiful and growing campus with some very unique and historical buildings. UNR has several great on-campus dining options. Reno is quick 45-minute drive from the scenic Lake Tahoe basin, providing year-round outdoor activities.
More than 85 percent of Reno-based positions have hybrid/flexible work schedules. Additionally, there are several regionally-based remote positions, comprising more than 43 percent of the overall U.S.-based USAC workforce.
While USAC offers two program models, Specialty and Partnership, our Specialty Programs feature on-site staff in more than 20 locations around the world.
The University Studies Abroad Consortium is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity as a core value. We support equal access and welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.