How to Apply
USAC admits students on a rolling admissions basis where applications are reviewed as they are received. As a result, programs may fill to capacity before the application deadline. Check the Can I Still Apply? page for up to date details on programs. Only complete applications will be reviewed. Once a program has reached capacity, USAC will continue to admit qualified students to a waiting list for placement as spots open.
Students begin with the Initial Online Application and complete the process in their Student Gateway Account. A complete application consists of:
- Online application
- Signed program and financial agreements
- Conduct form
- Personal statement
- Academic transcript
- $100 nonrefundable application deposit*
- University approval may be required
It is also highly recommended that you visit your study abroad office on campus for further information on your university's policies, processes, and transfer credit.
*In response to COVID-19, the application deposit for Fall 2021 programs is refundable until the application deadline.
USAC welcomes students from any U.S. college or university who:
- Are at least 18 years old at the time of application and who will be enrolled in a university degree-seeking program while they are abroad.
- Have a preferred grade point average of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Are in good academic, disciplinary, and community standing.
- Meet any additional pre-requisites of the program to which they are applying.
- Exceptions are possible, contact USAC.
*See Online Global Perspectives webpage as eligibility differs for this program
The Application Process
Complete the online application form.
- Receive login credentials for your USAC Student Gateway account via email.
- Login to your USAC Student Gateway account, complete remaining application requirements including $100 application deposit.
- If everything checks out—receive USAC admissions offer via email.
- Accept your spot on the program and submit the $500 enrollment confirmation deposit if not paid directly to USAC by your home university. (The deposit is applied to your program fee.)
- Apply for a U.S. passport or confirm current passport will be valid during your planned study abroad. As passport processing delays have increased to 12-18 weeks, it's important to start your passport application as soon as possible.
Congratulations! Your adventure awaits!
Please do not submit multiple applications for the same term. If you have more than one program in mind, apply for your first choice now. We will work with you on other options later, if needed.