How to Apply
USAC admits students on a rolling admissions basis where applications are reviewed as they are received. Check the Can I Still Apply? page for up-to-date details on programs and application availability. If a program has reached capacity, USAC will continue to admit qualified students to a waiting list for placement as spots open.
The Application Process
1. Online application and initial review - No application fee required!
- Submit your application and receive a preliminary eligibility review.
- Receive your login credentials to your USAC Student Gateway account where you will finish your application.
2. Completing the application / Submitting supporting documents
- Submit all required application materials listed in your Gateway account.
- Online forms/agreements, transcripts, etc.
3. Approval and confirmation
- Upon full eligibility review—receive USAC admissions offer via email.
- Accept your spot on the program and submit the $500 enrollment confirmation deposit if not paid directly to USAC by your home university. (The deposit is applied to your program fee.)
- Submit a copy of your passport or verification that you are in the process of applying for one.
- Once the deposit and passport information have been received, your spot on the program is confirmed.
A complete application consists of:
- Online application
- Signed program and financial agreements
- Conduct form
- Personal statement
- Academic transcript
- Home university approval
It is also important that you visit the study abroad office on your campus for further information on your university's policies related to international travel, transfer credit and using financial aid.
USAC welcomes students from any U.S. college or university who:
- Are at least 18 years old at the time of application.
- Are enrolled in a university degree-seeking program while they are abroad.
- Have a preferred university grade point average of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Are in good academic, disciplinary, and community standing.
- Meet any additional pre-requisites of the program to which they are applying.
- Exceptions may be possible, contact USAC.
Congratulations! Your adventure awaits!
Please do not submit multiple applications for the same term. If you have more than one program in mind, apply for your first choice now. We will work with you on other options later, if needed.