Program Highlights for Hiroshima, Japan
- Choose from a range of courses taught in English as well as five levels of Japanese language
- Live in an energetic city with excellent shopping, movie theatres, restaurants, and cultural activities
- Enjoy and learn on a relaxing campus setting surrounded by beautiful scenery
- Join in field trips to a local towns, traditional Japanese festivals, and to beautiful islands to enjoy interacting with local people
- Take advantage of internships available for those with a high level of Japanese proficiency
Why Study in Hiroshima?
The Hiroshima University Study Abroad Program (HUSA) offers the opportunity to study five levels of Japanese language, from beginning to advanced, at one of the most prestigious schools in Japan and is ideal for students with intermediate or advanced level of proficiency. A range of other courses taught in English from the Departments of Applied Biological Sciences; Arts and Sciences; Education; Engineering; or Economics are also available. Students whose Japanese is at an advanced level can take courses taught in Japanese in various subjects with other Japanese students. You may choose to go for a semester or an entire year. Japan is a fascinating country rich in culture, history, and a diverse environment, the combination of which produces one of the most distinctive societies in the world.
2023-24 Application Cycle
- Fall/Yearlong: Deadline has passed
- Consider Nagasaki instead!
Minimum GPA: 2.8 GPA
Minimum class standing: Sophomore
Open to degree-seeking students attending a 4-year institution at the time of application
English | Japanese