Program Highlights for Nishinomiya (Osaka/Kobe), Japan
- Live in Nishinomiya, between culturally rich Osaka and Kobe in central Japan, near the former capital of Japan, Kyoto
- Enjoy a relaxing campus setting surrounded by nature.
- Immerse yourself in the local culture by living in homestays with traditional and non-traditional local families
- Savor the “food capital” of Japan
Why Study in Nishinomiya?
The Nishinomiya program allows students to concentrate their studies on Japanese language, culture, and society. The program aims to promote a better understanding of the cultural, religious, social, economic, and political aspects of Japan and its neighbors. Classes are small, the semester homestay program is well-established, and a variety of activities both on and off campus are readily available. You may choose to stay for a semester or a full year.
Japan is a fascinating country rich in culture, history, and a diverse environment; the combination of which produces one of the most distinctive societies in the world. Enjoy the “food capital” of Japan with shopping, historical sites, beaches, festivals and other celebrations, outdoor performances, and fireworks. The Kwansei Gakuin Contemporary Japan Program (CJP) is designed to explore this fascinating country within the larger context of East Asia. USAC students attending this program have the unique opportunity to study and live in a culturally rich city.
2023-24 Application Cycle
- Spring 2024: Open/At capacity
Accepting to waitlist. Consider Nagasaki instead!
- Deadline: Oct 1
2024-25 Application Cycle
- Fall/Yearlong 2024-25: Open
- Deadline: Feb 15
- Spring 2025: Open
- Deadline: Sept 15
- Minimum GPA: 3.0
- Minimum class standing: Junior
- Open to degree-seeking students attending a 4-year institution at the time of application
3 letters of recommendation (learn more)