Activities for Madrid, Spain
The academic coursework is only part of the intended value of studying abroad. Field trips in and around Madrid also constitute an integral part of this program and students are encouraged to explore every facet of the city. Visiting art museums, partaking in cultural events, and becoming integrated in Madrid’s community are essential to understanding Spain’s culture.
You can take advantage of Madrid's vibrant atmosphere by exploring the city, visiting its museums, going to concerts, trying new foods, and practicing Spanish in a variety of contexts. The Madrid Tourist Board offers many cultural activities for international students, and the language exchange program offers students the chance to have a conversation partner.
Cultural Immersion Opportunities
- Class field trips to the theater, museums, the Senate, Congress, and emblematic neighborhoods
- Volunteerism at local schools and non-profit organizations
- Internships (for students with advanced Spanish skills)
- Language Exchange (Conversation partners)
- Paid work as an English tutor
- One-credit Field Study course
- Participation in university clubs
- Access to information about cultural events sponsored by the Tourist Board of Madrid
- Contact with other international students in USAC elective courses
- Weekly updates from staff about events in and around Madrid