About the Madrid, Spain Program
The Madrid program is a USAC specialty program. Learn more about on-site program elements and the city itself below.
- Population: approx. 6.8 million
- Distance from Barcelona: 390 miles
- Distance from Valencia: 230 miles
Madrid is one of the liveliest capitals in Europe. The city is a melting pot for all regions of Spain and for other cultures, yet it has maintained its own well-defined character. Madrid has a modern infrastructure, but has successfully preserved the look and feel of many of its historic neighborhoods and streets. The result is a cohesive blend of old and new; cobblestone streets and monumental architecture, parks, and plazas, alongside modern architecture and public art.
The local public transportation, mainly composed of the metro system and buses, makes any part of the large city easily accessible. The city offers a wide variety of entertainment, cultural, and sporting interests, as well as cuisine. It also boasts some of the finest art museums in the world.
Madrid's location in central Spain makes it a great starting point for any trip to other Spanish cities such as Córdoba, Sevilla, Barcelona, or Valencia, or to neighboring countries like France and Portugal.
2023-24 Application Cycle
- January 2024 or Spring 2024: Contact USAC
- Late application may be possible
2024-25 Application Cycle
- Summer 2024: Open
- Session I or I&II deadline: March 15
- Session II deadline: April 15
- Fall/Yearlong 2024-25: Open
- Early admission deadline: March 15
- Standard deadline: May 1
- Spring 2025: Open
- Early admission deadline: Sept 15
- Standard deadline: Oct 1
Preferred Minimum GPA: 2.5
APUNE – Asociación de Programas Universitarios Norteamericanos en España