USAC students are invited to take part in the many extracurricular activities that are offered, which may include field trips to nearby small towns, festivals, and local cheese or ice cream production sites; conferences and guest speakers at the host university; volunteer activities; sports including soccer or volleyball; International Day at the university; and informal get-togethers with local Italian students. Italian buddies will help plan events and be available so you can practice Italian.
Cultural Immersion Opportunities
- Intern in a local art gallery, music festival office, school, or tourist office
- Volunteer as a teacher’s aid
- Play sports with Italian and international students
- Practice Italian with a language partner from the local university
- Join the olive harvest and other local festivities throughout the year
- Hike in the mountains, in the lake region, or along the coastline