Internships for Pau, France
Internships are available in the spring semester only. Internships are optional and included in your program fees. They range from 1-3 credits and are counted as part of your credit load. Interns earn credit, but no financial compensation. In addition to professional and academic experience, internships are a great way to immerse yourself in the culture, meet locals, and practice your language skills.
Internship students are expected to stay in Pau until mid-May. The work will be done in a French-speaking environment so you must have taken at least six semesters of college French in order to be eligible. You should be able to communicate at an advanced language level in both oral and written French.
Past internships placements in Pau have included:
- Teaching assistant in local schools
- Import/export companies
- Le Nid Bearnais, a medical center for handicapped children
- Mediathèque, a multimedia library
- Pau Golf Club
- FNAC, a French multimedia bookstore chain
- Chocolate de Neuville, an internationally renowned French chocolate shop
- Fromagerie Bachelet, a cheese monger
- Galeries Lafayette
- Children's clinic
- Chambre de Commerce et de l'Industrie
- Usine des Tramways (Archives Ville de Pau)
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Junior standing (at time of internship)
- Foreign language proficiency
A $200 refundable fee is charged and returned upon successful completion of the internship. Placement is not guaranteed by USAC; rather it will be determined by your application, supporting materials, and an interview with the internship sponsor on site.