Activities for Brighton, England
You are encouraged to participate in university activities, student organizations, and sports clubs, as a way to balance your personal interests and academic endeavors while abroad. The Falmer campus has many team sports that you can join, including soccer, dance, netball, and cricket. The University of Brighton sports centre, located on the main Falmer campus, has a sports hall, badminton and basketball courts, fitness suite, dance studio, football and rugby pitches, and tennis courts. Gym membership costs approximately £20 per month and includes access to all gym facilities and many fitness classes that run during the day, evenings, and weekends. Campus cultural life also includes the university choir, orchestra, music, and drama groups.
You are also encouraged to participate in the opportunities listed below.
Cultural Immersion Opportunities
- Keep up to date on activities through the University of Brighton Students Facebook group
- Interact with other international students though the International Student Society
- The University of Brighton offers more than 100 societies: from crafts to sports to religious groups
- Show your pride at the Brighton Pride or Trans Pride festivals
- Attend Brighton’s many music and arts festivals: such as Brighton Festival, Brighton Fringe, Artists Open House, and more.
2023-24 Application Cycle
- Spring 2024: Open
- Deadline: Nov 1
2024-25 Application Cycle
- Fall/Yearlong 2024-25: Open
- Deadline: June 1
- Spring 2025: Open
- Deadline: Nov 1
- Minimum GPA: 2.75
- Minimum class standing: Sophomore
- Yearlong applicants must be degree-seeking students attending a 4-year institution at the time of application
AASAP/UK -- Association of American Study Abroad Programmes United Kingdom