You are encouraged to participate in university activities, student organizations and sports as a way to balance your personal and intellectual endeavors. The Falmer campus has many team sports which you can join, including soccer, netball, and cricket. A recently completed University of Brighton sports centre on the Falmer campus has a sports hall, badminton and basketball courts, fitness suite, dance studio, football and rugby pitches, and tennis courts. This gym is free to semester students living in the Falmer halls of residence, with classes (like spinning or aerobics) merely 1-2.50 GBP/class. Campus cultural life includes the university choir, orchestra, music, and drama groups.
You are also encouraged to participate in the opportunities listed below.
Cultural Immersion Opportunities
- The university offers a variety of language cafés, for anyone looking to learn or practice a second language
- Keep up to date on activities through the University of Brighton Students Facebook group
- Interact with other international students though the International Student Society
- University of Brighton offers over 100 societies: from crafts to sports to religious groups
- Show your pride at the Brighton Pride or Trans Pride festivals
- Attend Brighton’s many music and arts festivals: such as Brighton Festival, Brighton Fringe, Artists Open House, and more.