Program Highlights for Reading, England
- Study at one of the UK's leading academic institutions, rated in the top 200 world universities by Times Higher Education, and ranked in the top 25 universities in the UK
- Choose from over 200 courses in the sciences, social sciences, business, arts, and humanities
- Live and study on a beautiful and safe campus with all study and sports facilities on site
- Enjoy a superb location that is the best of both worlds: a wonderfully diverse and vibrant place to live that happens to be just 25 minutes from London by train with easy access to major tourist destinations
Why Study In Reading?
The Reading program allows you to enroll in a full range of University of Reading courses in a variety of disciplines on one of the most beautiful campuses in the United Kingdom. Reading is the embodiment of more than 1,000 years of history combined with all the assets of a modern, vibrant, and cosmopolitan city. The famous Victorian red-brick buildings and beautiful medieval churches are intermingled amongst high-tech office developments and leisure facilities. Set in the heart of the UK’s “Silicon Valley,” Reading is one of the up and coming cities in England. The university has a long tradition of hosting study abroad students from all over the world and can offer you a friendly, cosmopolitan and safe environment in which to study and explore the UK. The number one university in the UK for Agriculture, University of Reading is also an ideal university in which to study film and theatre, English literature, pharmacy, meteorology, and business.
There are several excellent reasons for deciding to study in the UK. Courses at British universities are taught by professors who do almost all the teaching and tutorial work with undergraduates while maintaining a high level of research activity. Although the UK shares a common language with the United States, it remains a foreign country, with diverse traditions, values and views of the world. Time in the United Kingdom will challenge you personally, open your eyes to different ways of looking at the current problems of the world and enable you to directly experience the wonderful culture and history of the European continent.
2023-24 App. Cycle
- Trimester 1 (Sep-Dec): Open
- Deadline: Apr 15
- Trimester 2 (Jan-Mar): Open
- Deadline: Sep 15
*Full year option is not available
- Deadline: Sep 15
Minimum GPA: 3.0
Minimum class standing: Junior (strong Sophomore applications will be considered)
Open to degree-seeking students attending a 4-year institution at the time of application
AASAP/UK -- Association of American Study Abroad Programmes United Kingdom