Program Highlights for Reading, England
- Study at one of the U.K.'s leading academic institutions, rated in the top 200 world universities by Times Higher Education, ranked in the top 30 universities in the U.K., and recognized among students for housing quality and campus life.
- Choose from more than 200 courses in the sciences, social sciences, business, arts, and humanities areas of study.
- Benefit from outstanding international student support.
- Live and study on a beautiful and safe parkland campus with all study and sports facilities onsite.
- Integrate with British students in courses and university activities.
- Enjoy a superb location that is the best of both worlds: a wonderfully diverse and vibrant place to live that happens to be just 25 minutes from London by train with easy access to major tourist destinations.
- Choose from over 100 societies and more than 50 sports clubs, and enjoy access to modern sport and fitness facilities on campus.
Why Study In Reading?
The Reading program allows you to enroll in a full range of University of Reading courses in a variety of disciplines on one of the most beautiful campuses in the United Kingdom.
The town of Reading is the embodiment of more than 1,000 years of history combined with all the assets of a modern, vibrant, and cosmopolitan city. The famous Victorian red-brick buildings and beautiful medieval churches are intermingled among high-tech office developments and leisure facilities. Set in the heart of the U.K.’s “Silicon Valley,” Reading is one of England’s up-and-coming areas.
The university has a long tradition of hosting study abroad students from all over the world and can offer you a friendly, welcoming, and safe environment in which to study and explore the U.K. Known for its outstanding courses in agriculture, business, computer science, and environmental science, the University of Reading is also an ideal institution to study a wide variety of disciplines – including film, theatre, pharmacy, meteorology, English literature, archaeology, neuroscience, and more.
There are several excellent reasons for deciding to study in the United Kingdom. Courses at British universities are taught by professors who do almost all the teaching and tutorial work with undergraduates while maintaining a high level of research activity. Although the U.K. shares a common language with the United States, it remains a foreign country, with diverse traditions, values, and views of the world. Time in the United Kingdom will challenge you personally, open your eyes to different ways of looking at the current problems of the world, and enable you to directly experience the wonderful culture and history of the European continent.
2024-25 Application Cycle
- Fall/Yearlong 2024-25: Open
- Deadline: April 15
- Spring 2025: Open
- Deadline: Sept 15
- Minimum GPA: 3.0
- Minimum class standing: Junior (strong Sophomore applications will be considered)
- Open to degree-seeking students attending a 4-year institution at the time of application
AASAP/UK -- Association of American Study Abroad Programmes United Kingdom