Program Highlights for Bristol, England
- Live in the cultural center of southwest England near Bath, Stonehenge, and only 90 minutes from London; ranked as one of the 10 must-see cities in the world by DK Eyewitness Travel Guides
- Enjoy a vibrant city, famous in the UK for its music scene and street art; voted best student city in the UK and ranked the most livable city in Britain
- Study in this academically rigorous, competitive program at a university rated one of the Top 35 World Universities by Times Higher Education
- Integrate with British students in housing, courses, and university activities
- Utilize excellent sports facilities and choose from over 150 societies and 50 sporting clubs through one of the largest and most active student unions in the UK
Why Study In Bristol?
The Bristol program allows you to study and live in a thriving modern city, only 90 minutes from London by train, and study at one of the top-rated universities in Britain. You can enroll for one semester or a full year in a range of rigorous courses in a variety of disciplines at the University of Bristol; just a few of the choices include: Aerospace Engineering, Archaeology, Computer Science, Drama, Geographical Sciences, Economics, Physics, Social Policy, History, Earth Sciences, English Literature, Philosophy, Politics, Pre-Med, and Sociology. You can take a combination of courses from any department in the University to fulfill major, minor, or general graduation requirements while at Bristol. We do recommend that you consider taking at least one course in British Studies, such as Politics and Policy Making in the UK, in order to make your stay in the United Kingdom more meaningful.
There are several excellent reasons for deciding to study in the UK. Courses at British universities are taught by professors who do almost all the teaching and tutorial work with undergraduates while maintaining a high level of research activity. Although the UK shares a common language with the US, it remains a foreign country, with diverse traditions, values, and views of the world. Time in the United Kingdom will challenge you personally, open your eyes to different ways of looking at the current problems of the world and enable you to directly experience the wonderful culture and history of the European continent.
2022-23 App. Cycle
Minimum GPA: 3.0
Minimum class standing:
Junior (strong Sophomore applications will be considered)
Open to degree-seeking students attending a 4-year institution at the time of application.
AASAP/UK -- Association of American Study Abroad Programmes United Kingdom