Program Highlights for London, England
- Live and study in the heart of London, one of the world’s greatest and most diverse cities, where history and innovation intersect.
- Explore famous sites and endless entertainment options —West End performances, free museums and royal parks, festivals, markets, Buckingham Palace, Tower of London, Westminster Abbey, and more.
- Enjoy London’s vibrant position in the center of the British film, arts, and music scene, with a rich cultural and historic heritage as well as a reputation as a modern center of global business.
- Host university staff and the USAC Resident Director are present on-site to welcome and support you during your term abroad.
- Experience London as your classroom during a three- or six-week summer program at the vibrant, green campus of University of Roehampton, ranked #1 modern university in London.
- Spend a semester or academic year at London Metropolitan University and gain firsthand experience of the British educational system alongside students from all around the world.
Why Study In London?
USAC’s partnership summer, semester, and yearlong programs in London are ideal for students interested in living and studying in one of the most exciting cities in Europe. The London programs enable you to gain firsthand experience with the British educational system alongside students from all over the world. You may study for one or two summer sessions, a semester, or a full year, choosing from a wide range of exciting and immersive courses in business, marketing, communications, economics, English, history, social sciences, psychology, and more. Each term also offers specialized courses in London studies, some of which include visits to art galleries, museums, historic sites, or theatre performances, utilizing London’s thriving cultural life as a unique backdrop for further study and exploration.
Summer students can choose to participate in a single 3-week session or both sessions, earning up to 40 U.K. credits. During the fall and spring semesters, students typically select four classes per term.
As one of the most diverse global cities, where history and innovation intersect, there is something for everyone in London! Experience firsthand the ritual and pageantry of one of the world’s oldest and most famous monarchies. Marvel at countless historic artifacts, fine art exhibits, and special collections within nearly 200 museums spread across the city. Wander among London’s expansive green spaces and public gardens, and explore more than 30 unique neighborhoods, each with a distinctive character. In England’s capital and largest city, the possibilities are nearly endless.
There are several excellent reasons for deciding to study in the United Kingdom. Courses at British universities are taught by professors who do almost all the teaching and tutorial work with undergraduates while maintaining a high level of research activity. Although the U.K. shares a common language with the U.S., it remains a foreign country, with diverse traditions, values, and views of the world. Time in the United Kingdom will challenge you personally, open your eyes to different ways of looking at the current problems of the world, and enable you to directly experience the wonderful culture and history of the European continent.
University of Roehampton - Partnership Program
London Roehampton Summer I, London Roehampton Summer II, and London Roehampton Summer I & II
By choosing to spend your summer at the University of Roehampton, you will gain access to exciting, immersive courses, while enjoying a beautiful parkland campus located in southwest London. The London Roehampton summer programs focus on business, psychology, history, literature, performing arts, computer science, and London/U.K. studies. You can choose to participate in a single three-week session in June or July, or combine both sessions to earn additional credit.
Each summer session combines high-quality academics, immersive learning opportunities, and a robust calendar of social events and activities. Summer students also have full access to the University’s campus facilities, support services, and a dedicated team in London.
Semester and Yearlong Terms
London Metropolitan University - Partnership Program
London Met Fall, London Met Spring, and London Met Yearlong
Studying at London Metropolitan University (London Met) enables you to gain firsthand experience of the British educational system alongside students from all around the world, with the option to gain professional work experience through a customized internship. With locations in both Islington and Aldgate, London Met’s urban campuses offer dedicated classroom and study spaces, with easy access to all that London has to offer. At London Met, you will select four classes per semester from a wide range of academic disciplines, including business, law, social sciences, psychology, communications/journalism, performing arts, life sciences, design, and more. Yearlong students have additional course options in computer science, mathematics, communications technology, digital media, education, and film.
If you are interested in gaining professional experience alongside your studies, London Met’s internship office will work with you individually on internship opportunities that match your interests. Opportunities may be available in areas such as business, law, finance, human resources, marketing, computing, digital media, events, social care, education, graphic design, journalism, hospitality, and tourism.
2024-25 Application Cycle
- London: Roehampton University
- Summer 2024: Open
- Session I or I&II deadline: April 1
- Session II deadline: April 1
- Summer 2024: Open
- London Metropolitan University
- Fall/Yearlong 2024-25: Open
- Deadline: June 1
- Spring 2025: Open
- Deadline: Nov 1
- Fall/Yearlong 2024-25: Open
- London Roehampton Summer: 2.8 GPA and minimum sophomore standing
- London Met Semester: 2.7 GPA and minimum sophomore standing
- Yearlong applicants must be degree-seeking students attending a 4-year institution at the time of application
AASAP/UK -- Association of American Study Abroad Programmes United Kingdom