Program Highlights for London, England
- Live and study in the heart of London, one of the world’s greatest cities and host of the 2012 Summer Olympics.
- Explore endless entertainment options—theatre, film, music, 90 free museums and galleries, 143 parks and gardens, dozens of historic buildings, shopping, eating out—enough to see and do to last a lifetime!
- Savor access to famous sights and attractions, from the Tower of London to Westminster Abbey.
- Enjoy London’s vibrant position in the center of the British film, arts, and music scene, with a rich cultural and historic heritage as well as a modern centre of global business.
- The International Programmes Office (semester) and the USAC Resident Director (semester/summer) are present on-site to welcome and support you during your term abroad.
Why Study In London?
The semester and yearlong London program at London Metropolitan (London Met) University is ideal for students interested in living and studying in one of the most exciting cities in Europe. The program enables you to gain firsthand experience with the British educational system alongside students from all over the world. You may study for one semester or a full year and choose from courses such as Business, Marketing, Economics, English, History, Social Sciences, and Psychology. Students typically select four classes per semester which can include specialized courses, some of which include visits to art galleries, museums, and theatre, utilizing London’s thriving cultural life as a unique backdrop for further study and exploration. London Metropolitan University allows you to schedule your classes before you arrive in London, making it a very easy process.
The summer London program at Imperial College is ideal for students who are interested in living and studying in one of the most exciting cities in Europe. You may choose from courses in theatre, art, literature, history, and international business. Many courses enhance your studies with field trips to museums, theatre performances, and sites of historical and cultural interest. A guided tour of London and a field trip to the world famous university town of Oxford are included in the program fees. There is also an optional tour to Edinburgh, Scotland. The summer London program offers one 5-week session; however, the academic courses are only a part of the value of a summer abroad. Participation in formal and informal cultural and group activities also forms an integral part of the program.
There are several excellent reasons for deciding to study in the United Kingdom. Courses at British universities are taught by professors who do almost all the teaching and tutorial work with undergraduates while maintaining a high level of research activity. Although the UK shares a common language with the US, it remains a foreign country, with diverse traditions, values, and views of the world. Time in the UK will challenge you personally, open your eyes to different ways of looking at the current problems of the world and enable you to directly experience the wonderful culture and history of the European continent.