Internships for Verona, Italy
Internships in Verona are offered during the semester and yearlong terms. Internships are optional and included in your program fees. They range from 1-3 credits and are counted as part of your academic credit load, in addition to the minimum credit requirement. Interns earn credit, but no financial compensation. In addition to professional and academic experience, internships are a great way to immerse yourself in the culture, meet locals, and practice your language skills. You will be working in an authentic local environment, with exposure to the Italian language. While Italian language ability is not necessary to complete an internship, it is helpful.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Junior standing (at time of internship)
- Foreign language proficiency (some placements)
A $200 refundable fee is charged and returned upon successful completion of the internship. Placement is not guaranteed by USAC; rather it will be determined by your application, supporting materials, and an interview with the internship sponsor on site.
Internship placements in Verona include:
USAC Verona gives you the opportunity to choose freely or to link theoretical knowledge with practice by attending some courses during the semester, you will be able to easily apply for an internship related to the courses you're taking. The internship opportunities linked to the courses are not exclusively open to only those who attend the related classes, but it is always preferable. There are also opportunities to intern with no restrictions, open for anyone who would love to improve personal skills in a different country.
Here are examples of internships that correlate with specific courses offered in Verona:
- Arithmos SRL - Arithmos SRL is an ISO certified IT company. It provides solutions to clients in different industries, with a specific focus on life sciences, with the objective of increasing efficiency in different areas such as clinical trials conduct, pharmacovigilance and project management. Intern activities include, SEO, supporting the SalesForce CRM database, implementation of GDPR policies and email campaigns in relation to GDPR, and copyediting - 1 position available
- Cross NT - Cross NT helps its clients integrating superior statistical analysis into their clinical research activities and maximizes the use of modern and innovative technology and a strong network of international experts. Intern activities include social media analysis (performance and competitors), social media content creation and editing, event management, creation of marketing material - 1 position available.
- Asht*Art - An independent studio tailored to art, culture, design and lifestyle. It delivers brand development, media relations, and digital projects. The vision of Giulia Pordd, architect and Asht*Art owner, is that investing in culture produces value for the companies. Intern activities include web content editing, press office activities, social media management and production, and marketing development.
International Sport Business (SPRING ONLY)
- A.C. Chievo Verona International Academy - Chievo Verona F.C. plays in Italy’s major league. In order to offer an International experience to young soccer players from all over the World, they created the International Academy. They manage the football camps as well as courses of Italian language and culture. Intern activities include support and management of daily activities, research of new partners in the U.S. and around the globe, and Chievo International Academy promotion - 1 position available.
Hotel Giberti - A 4-star hotel located in a strategic location in Verona, only 10 minutes walking from the Arena and from the railway station. Intern activities include editing the English website, check in and check out in English, support with the daily activities, and front office support - 1 position available.
- Maatmox - A company which plans and implements educational experiences through the organization of training courses and meetings. Maatmox enriches the process of learning with experiential activities such as outdoor training. Intern activities include web and blog content, editing in English, help with the events organization - 1 position available.
- "Marco Polo" Marketing and Tourism High School - “Marco Polo” high school has a long tradition in teaching foreign languages and subjects linked to tourism and international marketing. “Marco Polo” school is a professional school with three different curricula: international marketing with a focus on languages or economics, tourism, and adult education. Intern activities include helping English teachers in class with students from 14 to 19 years old; support in the creation of English projects (English movies, touristic activities etc.)
*Placement with a particular internship provider is not guaranteed.
Beginning in Summer 2021, a non-refundable internship placement fee will be required of all students participating in an in-person USAC internship. This fee helps offset the costs of securing quality internship placements and helps provide a range of professional development activities, including an online internship seminar, career workshops, and panel discussions. The fee amount has not been finalized but will be announced in the near future.
Placement is not guaranteed by USAC; rather it will be determined by your application, supporting materials, and an interview with the internship sponsor on site.
2021-22 App. Cycle
Summer Session I (5 weeks): Open
Summer Session II (4 weeks): Open
Summer Session I&II (9 weeks): Open
Minimum GPA: 2.5
English | Italian
AACUPI--Association of American Colleges and Universities in Italy
Passport & Visa
Passport & Visa Information