Internships for Verona, Italy
Internships in Verona are offered during the semester and yearlong terms. Internships are optional and included in your program fees. They range from 1-3 credits and are counted as part of your academic credit load, in addition to the minimum credit requirement. Interns earn credit, but no financial compensation. In addition to professional and academic experience, internships are a great way to immerse yourself in the culture, meet locals, and practice your language skills. You will be working in an authentic local environment, with exposure to the Italian language. While Italian language ability is not necessary to complete an intership, it is helpful.
Past internship placements in Verona have included:
- Event management at GORE (An American company with a big brnach in Italy)
- International marketing at CRPS NT (A medical data company)
- Graphic design at LINO'S & CO.
- Sports business at A.C. CHIEVO VERONA (1st league soccer company)
- Education at the local high school: English tutoring and teaching method analysis
- Fashion marketing at DETOUR (local winter clothes store with American brands)
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Junior standing (at time of internship)
- Foreign language proficiency (some placements)
A $200 refundable fee is charged and returned upon successful compltion of the internship. Placement is not guaranteed by USAC; rather it will be determined by your application, supporting materials, and an interview with the internship sponsor on site.