Extracurricular activities include language partners, the English Corner (a student-organized activity held regularly on campus), class field trips to local and international companies, guest speakers from international companies, and other activities in and around Shanghai. On campus there are also opportunities to meet local people through club activities across town such as cooking, climbing, hiking, football, rugby, racquet sports, skating, yoga, Tai Chi, book clubs, arts and crafts, and more.
Course field trips are often integrated into the curriculum, especially with guest speakers from or visits to local and international companies, including the Shanghai Stock Exchange, Shanghai Zhangjiang Hi Tech Park, Shanghai Praxair, and the Lujiazui Financial center.
Cultural Immersion Opportunities
- Volunteer as a teacher’s aide in a local elementary school
- Practice your Chinese and tutor English at “English Corner”
- Attend international culture day at the university
- Participate in city-wide and university-wide activities
- Take field trips to local businesses
- Participate in community activities