Program Highlights for Melbourne, Australia
- Settle in during a three-day beach orientation with guided hikes, surfing lessons, and integration workshops
- Choose a campus: Melbourne (“the world’s most livable city”), twin Geelong (think beaches), or Warrnambool (ideal for marine and freshwater science)
- Take advantage of unique internships in business, environmental science, journalism, performing arts, and sociology
- Explore beaches, mountain ranges, deserts, forests, and volcanic plains
Why Study in Melbourne, Geelong or Warrnambool?
This program is ideal for students looking for scholastic excellence, top quality research, industry partnerships, tailored courses, and, of course, fun. The Deakin University program offers you the opportunity to enroll in a wide range of courses from the following academic faculties: arts; business and law; education; health; nursing and behavioral sciences; and science and technology. You may also choose from coastal campus locations near the world-famous Great Ocean Road, home to Australia’s best beaches, or in Melbourne, a cosmopolitan capital boasting world-class recreational facilities and events. Each campus offers a distinct and unique living and learning experience and provides the services, facilities, and student-centered approach for which Deakin is renowned. The unique internships available on many campuses allow students to work in a variety of disciplines including public relations, environmental science, journalism, sociology, performing arts, and business.
As you may already realize, Australian terms differ from those in the U.S. due to seasonal differences. You may participate in one or two trimesters, one running from March-June, another running from July-October, or three-week January session. Deakin University provides a unique three-day orientation each trimester that takes you to the beach and is designed to help make the transition into Australian university life as easy as possible. You will be introduced to various aspects of Australian life including activities like guided hikes along cliff tops overlooking the Southern Ocean, surfing lessons, and a presentation on Australian culture. On the third day of orientation, you will return by bus to your campus of study and will spend the following day attending a campus-specific Enrollment and Orientation Program where you will formally enroll as a Deakin student and be introduced to the local community.
2024-25 Application Cycle
- Trimester 2 (Jul-Oct 2024): Open
- Deadline: March 15
- Trimester 1 (Feb-Jun 2025): Opens Dec 1
- Deadline: October 1
- January 2025: Open
- Deadline: October 1
- Minimum GPA: 2.6
- Minimum class standing: Sophomore
- Semester: 40 students
- January: 25 students