Internships for Khon Kaen, Thailand
Due to heightened concerns about student health and safety we are immediately suspending internship placements, volunteer work, and service-learning projects in health care facilities at all USAC program sites for the remainder of the Spring 2020 and Summer 2020 academic terms. We will continue to monitor the situation and make a decision regarding the availability of these placements during the Fall 2020 semester in the coming weeks. If you have any questions, please contact the USAC internship team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internships in Khon Kaen are offered during the summer, semester, and yearlong terms. Those interested in a summer internship must attend both summer sessions. Summer internships are limited and earn only one-credit.
Internships are optional and included in your program fees. They range from 1-3 credits and are counted as part of your academic credit load, in addition to the minimum credit requirement. Interns earn credit, but no financial compensation. In addition to professional and academic experience, internships are a great way to immerse yourself in the culture, meet locals, and practice your language skills.
Internship placements in Khon Kaen include:
- Medical research laboratories, Khon Kaen University Faculty of Medicine - Research teams working in microbiology, biochemistry, and biomedical engineering.
- Pharmacy, Khon Kaen University Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Pharmacognosy and Botany Laboratory, Khon Kaen University Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences - Research team working in herbal medicine.
- Cheevasilp Center, Srinagarindra Hospital, Khon Kaen University - Cancer ward employing art therapy as an alternative healing method.
Education/English Language Instruction
- Municipal schools, Elementary (Grade 1-6) and Secondary (Grade 7-12) - English-language teaching.
*Placement with a particular internship provider is not guaranteed.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Junior standing (at time of internship)
- Foreign language proficiency (some placements)
A $200 refundable fee is charged and returned upon successful completion of the internship. Placement is not guaranteed by USAC; rather it will be determined by your application, supporting materials, and an interview with the internship sponsor on site.