Internships for Khon Kaen, Thailand
Internships in Khon Kaen are offered during the summer, semester, and yearlong terms. Those interested in a summer internship must attend both summer sessions. Summer internships are limited and earn only one-credit.
Internships are optional and included in your program fees. They range from 1-3 credits and are counted as part of your academic credit load, in addition to the minimum credit requirement. Interns earn credit, but no financial compensation. In addition to professional and academic experience, internships are a great way to immerse yourself in the culture, meet locals, and practice your language skills.
Past internship placements in Khon Kaen have included:
• Health and wellness research
• Khon Kaen University hospital
• Associated Medical Sciences facility
• Scientific research units
• Teaching English at local schools
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Junior standing (at time of internship)
- Foreign language proficiency (some placements)
A $200 refundable fee is charged and returned upon successful completion of the internship. Placement is not gauranteed by USAC; rather it will be determined by your application, supporting materials, and an interview with the internship sponsor on site.