- Study health, wellness, and culture in the heart of northeastern Thailand, rich in natural beauty with civilizations and customs dating back to pre-historic times.
- Visit nearby mountainous areas and traditional Isan community and neighboring countries, i.e. Laos, Cambodia, and Vietnam with good public transportation.
- Enjoy a wide range of field trips, including a visit to the dinosaur museum, national parks, lakes, traditional communities and nearby provinces bordering Laos.
- Immerse yourself in the ancient cultural traditions and customs through fairs and festivals year-round in a fast-growing city and a gateway to Indo-China.
- The USAC Resident Director and staff are present on-site full-time to welcome and support you during your term abroad.
Why Study In Khon Kaen?
The colorful, vibrant country of Thailand is considered the "land of smiles," and for good reason: the friendliness and hospitality of the Thai people, 95 percent of whom are Buddhist, will enrich your experience living there. Khon Kaen is located in the heart of Thailand's northeast region, well known for the high-quality Mud Mee silk. Historically, Khon Kaen is quite a new town, established a little over two centuries ago. However, prehistorically, this town located on the plateau has been home to various cultures as well as other fascinating creatures unknown to the modern world. The ancient cultures, traditions, and historical sites in this area have all contributed to shaping the local people and culture. Kohn Kaen is the commercial and political center of northeastern Thailand featuring a number of upscale restaurants and hotels, as well as being the largest center of education, healthcare, and technology.