Internships for Madrid, Spain
Internships in Madrid are offered during the semester and yearlong terms. Internships are optional and included in your program fees. They range from 1-3 credits and are counted as part of your credit load. Interns earn credit, but no financial compensation. In addition to professional and academic experience, internships are a great way to immerse yourself in the culture, meet locals, and practice your language skills. You will be placed in a Spanish-speaking environment, with high exposure to culture and langauge, and must be able to communicate at the Track IV level.
Previous internship placements in Madrid have included:
- Castilla-Leon Tourist Office
- T-Ogio, a non-profit organization that supports families with hearing impaired children
- Art galleries
- Pre-schools and primary schools
- Business incubator
- Local high school
- A drama school
- CESAL, a community center for immigrants
- Non-profit organizations
- Assistance for the physically and mentally disabled
- Extracurricular activities/tutoring for disadvantaged youth
If you are interested in a particular field that is not mentioned above, it is of utmost importance that you contact the USAC office at least three months in advance so that the internship coordinator can attempt to find something that suits you.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Junior standing (at time of internship)
- Foreign language proficiency
A $200 refundable fee is charged and returned upon successful completion of the internship.Placement is not guaranteed by USAC; rather it will be determined by your application, supporting materials, and an interview with the internship sponsor on site.