Program Highlights for Maastricht, Netherlands
- Study at one of the most international universities in the world, and enroll in a program that combines strong academics with integrated field trips and unique hands-on experiences that complement your coursework
- Live in a picture-perfect European town situated on the border of the Netherlands, Belgium, and Germany, with a medieval city center and vibrant local culture
- During the semester, enjoy included field trips and extracurricular activities, like the four-day European Study trip to Berlin, the “Get to know the Netherlands” cultural weekend, and the "A Taste of Paris" cultural weekend
- During the summer, experience Europe both inside and outside the classroom, with the option to earn credit in either a traditional classroom setting and/or a study tour that combines lectures, assignments, and travel to key locations within Europe
Why Study in Maastricht?
The Maastricht program is ideal for students interested in earning credit toward their degree while engaging in hands-on, student-led learning in an international setting. Regardless of the term you choose, your coursework will be supplemented with experiences such as field trips, museum visits, and seminars on locations. Since the majority of Dutch citizens are fluent in English (and extremely welcoming!), connecting with locals couldn’t be easier.
One of the oldest cities in the Netherlands, Maastricht boasts picturesque architecture, medieval city walls, cobblestone alleys and streets, seventeenth-century facades, and a Roman bridge. Maastricht is conveniently located in the heart of Europe, with major capitals such as Paris, Brussels, Amsterdam, and London only a short train ride away. However, once you arrive in Maastricht, you may not want to leave—with a historic city center; countless numbers of inviting sidewalk cafés, pubs, and restaurants; sports facilities; shops; and numerous film, music, and theatre venues, Maastricht has everything a student could wish for!
2023-24 App. Cycle
- Spring 2024: Open
- Deadline: Sep 15
- Summer 2023: Deadline has passed
- Fall/Yearlong 2023-24: Deadline has passed
Minimum GPA: 3.0
Minimum class standing: Junior (Sophomores with excellent academic qualifications will be considered)
Summer: 20 students
Semester: 25 students