Program Highlights for Cork, Ireland
- Live in Cork City—one of the Lonely Planet World’s Top 10 Cities to Visit—whose identity is balanced between its charming historical heritage and modern cosmopolitan energy.
- Study at Ireland’s leading university and benefit from an innovative, research-led curriculum taught by world-class academics.
- Explore the Skellig Region and Ring of Kerry in the included Heritage Weekend field trip.
- Enjoy a state-of-the-art sports complex with facilities including: swimming pools, saunas, steam rooms, gyms, rugby, soccer and hockey pitches, tennis courts, running tracks, and cafés.
- The UCC International Office (semester) and the USAC Resident Director (semester/summer) are present on-site to welcome and support you during your term abroad.
Why Study in Cork?
The Cork program offers students the opportunity to enroll in a range of courses in a variety of disciplines at the University College Cork (UCC), one of the oldest universities in Ireland. Discipline choices include: Archaeology, Biological Sciences, Celtic Civilization, Chemistry, Commerce and Technology, History, Irish Studies, Nursing, Music, Applied Psychology, Applied Social Sciences, Physics, and Law. You may stay for a semester or a full year. Ireland remains a unique country with its own traditions, values, and views of the world. Time in Ireland will challenge you personally, open your eyes to different ways of looking at the current topics in our world, and enable you to experience Irish culture and history.
The University College Cork has an international reputation for its research work, particularly in the areas of fundamental and technological science. We recommend you enroll in Early Start courses (only available fall semester), unique to the university. Some of the courses offered are Irish Archaeology, History and Modern Ireland, Literatures in Ireland, Irish Folklore and Ethnology, Management and Marketing in the European Union, and Music in Ireland—all of which give you insight into Ireland’s past and present. Many courses also include field trips which bring alive the course material. Certificate and diploma opportunities provide additional opportunities for in-depth, multidisciplinary study.
2022-23 App. Cycle
- Spring: Open
- Deadline: Oct 1
2023-24 App. Cycle
Summer and Semester Programs:
Summer: 2.5 GPA preferred
Semester: 3.0 GPA and minimum sophomore standing
Summer: US Credit
Semester: Overseas credit
Summer: 50 students
Semester: 40 students
ASAPI -- Association of Study Abroad Providers in Ireland