About the Lyon, France Program
The Lyon program is a USAC specialty program. Learn more about on-site program elements and the city itself below.
- Population: approx. 1.74 million
- Distance from Paris: 290 miles
- Distance from Geneva: 93 miles
- Distance from Torino: 195 miles
Lyon is considered one of the most beautiful cities in France and is host to many cultural events i.e. "Nuits Sonores", "Fête des Lumières", Cinema Festivals, Dance and Contemporary Art Biennials. The city is replete with small restaurants called "bouchons" and bistros that proudly follow centuries-old traditional recipes.
Named a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1998, Lyon is itself a museum, with stories to tell from Roman times to the French Revolution, from the Renaissance to World War II. Explore Lyon's convenient location near borders of Switzerland and Italy, and just a train ride away from Paris, Provence, the French Alps, and many other locations.
2024-25 Application Cycle
- Summer 2024: Open
- Session I or I&II deadline: March 15
- Session II deadline: April 15
- Fall/Yearlong 2024-25: Open
- Deadline: May 15
- Spring 2025: Open
- Deadline: Oct 15
- Preferred Minimum GPA: 2.5
- Language requirement: None for courses taught in English
One year of college-level French for French language courses
- Preferred Minimum GPA: 2.5,
- Language requirement: One year of college-level French
- Summer: 65 students
- Semester: 70 students
APUAF – Association des Programmes Universitaires Américains en France