Coronavirus Updates & Student Resources
USAC is running Fall 2021 programs in more than 20 locations around the world. We also plan to offer in-person programs in 2022. Learn more about how we are helping our students enjoy a safe and meaningful experience overseas.
Preparing to Study Abroad in 2021-22
USAC has made enhancements to our study abroad programs to accommodate studying abroad in a COVID-19 world. Plans for all programs are proceeding and efforts are being made to ensure that students will be able to enjoy safe and meaningful experiences while abroad. While safety and health have always been a top priority for USAC, we are increasing our efforts and measures due to the current global situation.
As you may know the CDC/DOS levels fluctuate regularly. You can find these levels here:
Please contact your university to learn about their protocols surrounding study abroad participation and CDC/DOS levels. Additionally, some programs may require COVID-19 vaccinations. Please contact your Program Advisor for more information.
You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your pre-departure study abroad and health questions.
Some specific, new measures include:
- A pre-departure health and safety webinar that will focus on COVID-19 prevention measures.
- Training for program site staff to ensure that the latest CDC, WHO, and local guidelines are followed.
- Efforts to place students in single rooms where possible. We will also minimize homestays for our upcoming sessions and semesters, where possible.
- Comprehensive on-site orientation that focuses on USAC and host country guidelines and restrictions for each program site, program activities, type of housing, and host university.
- Encouraging students to limit independent travel and focus on exploring areas in and around program locations.
- Strict adherence to disinfection and cleaning recommendations in USAC common areas and program housing.
- Strict adherence to local guidelines regarding social distancing and face coverings in classrooms and during all USAC activities.
- Identification of locations for students to self-isolate in case of COVID-19 infection.
- Revised contingency plans in case of a resurgence of COVID-19 at any program location.
- For Specialty Programs, ability to seamlessly move to online courses for all or part of the semester.
- Site-specific COVID-19 guidelines that provide details regarding housing, academics, travel, and managing COVID-19 symptoms and illness.
- All students sign a COVID-19 pledge to act responsibly while abroad.
Coronavirus Resources for Students and Parents
You can find the most current U.S. and global coronavirus updates and travel advisories here:
If you need to contact the Health and Safety team for any reason, please email email@example.com.