COVID-19 Updates & Resources
COVID-19 Vaccinations & USAC Programs
Student health, wellness, and safety is USAC’s highest priority. Due to the evolution of the COVID-19 pandemic in the United States and our host communities throughout the world, beginning with the Fall 2023 semester we will no longer require vaccination for program participants. However, we continue to strongly encourage full vaccination and still require vaccination in the following circumstances:
- Placement with some host families
- Participation in internships and volunteer opportunities with vulnerable populations
- Where required by local regulations
We continue to monitor COVID-19’s impact throughout the world and will modify our policies as necessary. USAC will continue to request student vaccination status and will require that any student who tests positive for COVID-19 while abroad follow local regulations to avoid impacting other program participants, staff, and communities.
Preparing to Study Abroad
USAC will continue the program enhancements implemented during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Specific measures include:
- A pre-departure health and safety webinar
- Comprehensive on-site orientation that emphasizes staying healthy and provides information regarding local Covid requirements and recommendations.
- Encouraging students to travel in host country for a more immersive experience
- Recommended adherence to disinfection and cleaning recommendations in USAC common areas and program housing
- Strict adherence to any remaining local guidelines regarding face coverings and social distancing
- Revised contingency plans in case of a Covid-19 resurgence at any program location
- For Specialty programs, ability to seamlessly move to online courses for all or part of the semester
- Site-specific health and safety guidelines that provide details regarding staying safe and healthy and safety-related resources for student travelers
You can find the most current U.S. and global COVID-19 updates and travel advisories here: