Internships for Chiang Mai, Thailand
Internships in Chiang Mai are offered during the summer, semester and yearlong terms. Those interested in doing a summer internship must attend both summer sessions. Summer internships are limited and only one-credit.
Internships are optional and included in your program fees. They range from 1-3 credits and are counted as part of your academic credit load, in addition to the minimum credit requirement. Interns earn credit, but no financial compensation. In addition to professional and academic experience, internships are a great way to immerse yourself in the culture, meet locals, and practice your language skills.
Past internship placements in Chiang Mai have included:
- Chiang Mai Small Animal Hospital
- Thai Freedom House (non-government, not-for-profit, language and arts community center)
- CityLife Magazine (an English language publication for Northern Thailand)
- Baan Kingkaew Orphanage
- Forest Restoration Research Unit (FORRU) (A Chiang Mai University team who develop methods to restore tropical forest ecosystems for biodiversity conservation, environmental protection and carbon storage)
- Local Schools
- The Provincial Office
- CMU Academic Departments
- Event Management Company
- Scientific Reserach Units
- Child Psychology Unit
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Junior standing (at time of internship)
- Foreign language proficiency (some placements)
A $200 refundable fee is charged and returned upon successful completion of the internship. Placement is not guaranteed by USAC; rather it will be determined by your application, supporting materials, and an interview with the internship sponsor on site.