Program Highlights for Stirling, Scotland
- Study at the University of Stirling, ranked second in Scotland and eighth in the UK in The Times Higher Education 100 Under 50 table, which ranks the world’s best 100 universities under 50 years old
- Live in the historic city granted special “Golden Jubilee City” status by the Queen for its location at the heart of Scotland as a setting for national and international events
- Join a diverse international student population of more than 90 nationalities
- Enjoy the shops, amenities, and nightlife available right on campus, as well as a convenient location less than an hour away by frequent train service from the major cities of Glasgow and Edinburgh
- Participate in numerous opportunities, field trips, and extracurricular activities
Why Study in Stirling?
An exciting mix of old and new, the city of Stirling has a growing reputation as one of the most attractive places to live in the United Kingdom. It has emerged as a leading cultural and business center, with on-going regeneration in both industry and the arts. The Stirling program offers the opportunity to enroll in a range of courses in a variety of disciplines at the University of Stirling, one of the top-rated academic institutions in Scotland. You may enroll in summer sessions, a semester and a full year, and choose from a large variety of academic subjects. At the University of Stirling, assessment is continuous throughout the semester, providing you with an early indication of academic performance. This is an advantage since most universities in the United Kingdom only grade based on one exam at the end of the semester.
Outside the classroom, rich campus student life and other opportunities contribute to your experience of Scottish culture. Included field trips to locations throughout the country give you a chance to explore surrounding areas and deepen your knowledge and understanding of Scottish culture and history.
2024-25 Application Cycle
- Summer 2024: Open
- Session I or I&II deadline: March 15
- Session II deadline: March 15
- Fall/Yearlong 2024-25: Open
- Deadline: April 15
- Spring 2025: Open
- Deadline: Oct 1
- Minimum GPA: 3.0
- Minimum GPA: 3.0
- Minimum class standing: Junior (strong Sophomore applications may be considered)
- Open to degree-seeking students attending a 4-year institution at the time of application
- Summer: 20 students
- Fall/Spring: 20 students