Host University for Lisbon, Portugal
USAC is partnered with Universidade Catolica Portuguesa's (UCP) Global Education Office (GEO). The GEO serves as the UCP’s Faculty of Human Sciences (FCH) in-house study abroad program provider. This means it is the institutional home for FCH’s non-degree programs that are tailored to meet the needs of foreign students looking for programs abroad.
The following is what you can anticipate while studying abroad at the UCP:
- Degree programs can range in length from short-term (8-weeks or less in the summer), semester, or a full academic year abroad.
- Students taking coursework for credit through GEO programs are assessed like any other student and receive regular UCP transcripts and credit transfer recommendations.
- Semester and summer session feature regular UCP courses enrolling a combination of degree seeking students, Erasmus exchange students, and other non-degree visiting students.
- The GEO serves as liaison to all departments at UCP and as the main point of support and contact for visiting students on campus.
- The GEO centralizes support services for visiting students -- this includes housing, insurance, pre-travel and on-site orientation, internship placement and orientation services, and all academic and co-curricular support services.
- GEO also enjoys the support of the Erasmus Office on campus in order to serve the needs of all international students.
2021-22 App. Cycle
2022-23 App. Cycle
Summer Sessions: Open
Minimum GPA: 2.5
English | Portuguese
Passport & Visa
Passport & Visa Information