Internships for Torino, Italy
Internships in Torino are offered during the summer, semester, and yearlong terms. Those interested in doing a summer internship must attend both summer sessions. Summer internships are limited and only one credit. Internships are optional and included in your program fees. They range from 1-3 credits and are counted as part of your academic credit load, in addition to the minimum credit requirement. Interns earn credit, but no financial compensation. In addition to professional and academic experience, internships are a great way to immerse yourself in the culture, meet locals, and practice your language skills. You will be working in an authentic local environment, with exposure to the Italian language. Italian language ability is very helpful, but not necessary to complete an internship.
Past internships in Torino have included:
- Razorfish - International Digital Marketing Company
- Eggers 2.0 - Interactive and Creative Communications Firm
- Pro Global Digital Marketing - Digital Marketing Agency for the Cycling Industry
- M.L. King Elementary School - Education and Tutoring
- Giaguari Torino - American Football Team
- Red Cross - Social Service
- Gelateria La Romana - Hospitality and Marketing
- Cellar Door Consulting - Business Marketing
Additional options with local and international companies may be available. The on-site staff will try to set up different, requested options if possible.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Junior standing (at time of internship)
- Foreign language proficiency (some placements)
A $200 refundable fee is charged and returned upon successful completion of the internship. Placement is not guaranteed by USAC; rather it will be determined by your application, supporting materials, and an interview with the internship sponsor on site.
In addition to internships, there are many volunteering opportunities available. Some opportuntities are at the same companies as listed above, but require less of a time commitment. There are also on-campus opportunities in the language lab tutoring English, as well as in the Study Abroad office for marketing and social media projects.
There are also opportunities to be a babysitter for local families. This is usually a once a week commitment. It's a great opportunity to get to know the locals and immerse yourself in the culture, as well as practice your Italian.