Due to heightened concerns about student health and safety we are immediately suspending internship placements, volunteer work, and service-learning projects in health care facilities at all USAC program sites for the remainder of the Spring 2020 and Summer 2020 academic terms. We will continue to monitor the situation and make a decision regarding the availability of these placements during the Fall 2020 semester in the coming weeks. If you have any questions, please contact the USAC internship team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internships in Valencia are offered during the summer, semester, and yearlong terms. Those interested in doing a summer internship must attend both summer sessions. Summer internships are limited and earn only one credit.
Internships are optional and included in your program fees. They range from 1-3 credits and are counted as part of your academic credit load. Interns earn credit, but no financial compensation. In addition to professional and academic experience, internships are a great way to immerse yourself in the culture, meet locals, and practice your language skills. Working in a non-English speaking environment requires the ability to communicate at an advanced language level.
Past internship placements in Valencia have included:
- Land Studios Consulting SL - Land Studios Consulting provides expert advice on wildlife issues specializing in environmental impact assessment, ecological and archeological surveys, habitat and flora and fauna surveys. Recently the company has started to collaborate with a German leader in the sector of water harvesting, sewage water treatment for small communities, and sustainable drainage.
- CoAcad - Valencia Language Exchange registered as a non-profit is one of the largest language exchange groups in Europe. It organizes daily language exchange meetings, cultural and sport events, tours, and a yearly language festival. Students help organize different language exchanges activities around Valencia.
- Visit Albufera - An ecotourism company located in El Saler created to shed light on the nearby city of Valencia’s natural landscapes, vegetation, fauna, culture, and history. The company is dedicated to sharing the secrets that protect their beautiful landscapes as well as providing visitors an unforgettable opportunity to see l’Albufera in a unique way.
- Modepran - A large animal shelter in Valencia with up to 200 animals. Interns will be assigned to the vet and their assistant to look after and protect from any illness that these vulnerable creatures may have. The student will also walk the dogs and help Modepran to maintain and clean the facilities.
- Hospital Quiron
- Colegio Mayor Galileo Galilei
*Placement with a particular internship provider is not guaranteed.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Junior standing (at time of internship)
- Foreign language proficiency (some placements)
A $200 refundable fee is charged and returned upon successful completion of the internship. Placement is not guaranteed by USAC; rather it will be determined by your application, supporting materials, and an interview with the internship sponsor on site.