Bilbao Fun and Cultural Fridays
The USAC Bilbao office organizes fun and cultural activities most Fridays during the semester, after Spanish courses finish for the day. These activities offer opportunities for unique cultural immersion and fun experiences for you to go to places tourist don’t go to or know about. The on-site staff organizes and attends outings to provide a local view of the visit or excursion, and to educate you more about the culture as well as learning how to get around in the local area. These events are a great way to get to know other USAC students as well as the staff while in Bilbao.
These activities potentially include, but are not limited to:
- Visits to private gastronomic clubs (txokos)
- Hiking into the mountains and upon the cliffs surrounding Bilbao and Getxo
- Historical walks to monuments or markets in the city
- Visiting the bull ring
- Taking the suspension bridge to visit the little town of Portugalete across from Getxo
- Visiting the one of Spain’s most modern playing fields: San Mamés Stadium, home of Atletico Bilbao.