Program Highlights for Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
- Explore a diverse landscape, varied food, unparalleled architectural monuments, World Heritage Sites, and colorful festivals.
- Live in the “Garden City,” the hub of India’s technology and business outsourcing revolution.
- Take advantage of numerous opportunities for service learning and volunteering with the Center for Social Action, a student-run service organization.
- Study at one of the finest educational institutions in India, located in a trendy and pleasant suburb.
- The USAC Resident Director and staff are present on-site full-time to welcome and support you during your term abroad.
Why Study In Bengaluru (Bangalore)?
The Bangalore (Bengaluru) program provides the extraordinary opportunity to study Indian culture, sociology, and global issues and while volunteering in the local community with fellow students who are interested in contributing and making a difference in their society. You will be studying in one of the most prestigious and beautiful campuses in India and will gain personal exposure to the social issues of rural life. Bengaluru is an ideal place to examine global issues due to its location in India’s Silicon Valley, as cultures meet in the transformation of traditional Indian society into a fast-paced hybrid of East-West life.
USAC students are integrated into the college atmosphere and have many opportunities to experience the culture, learn about the country, and make friends. Volunteer opportunities are available as well as college sports, clubs, and excursions to local towns and historical temples. You may take the program-organized Indian Cuisine course or workshop to gain even more knowledge of the local culture and we strongly recommend participating in the Optional Tours to Northern or Southern India. USAC students are also paired with Indian “buddies” to help orient them to the university and surrounding areas.
In addition to a semester or yearlong program, USAC also offers one six week summer session.