Due to heightened concerns about student health and safety we are immediately suspending internship placements, volunteer work, and service-learning projects in health care facilities at all USAC program sites for the remainder of the Spring 2020 and Summer 2020 academic terms. We will continue to monitor the situation and make a decision regarding the availability of these placements during the Fall 2020 semester in the coming weeks. If you have any questions, please contact the USAC internship team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internships in Lüneburg are offered during the semester and yearlong terms. Internships are optional and are included in your program fees. They range from 1-3 credits and are counted as part of your credit load. Interns earn credit, but no financial compensation. In addition to professional and academic experience, internships are a great way to immerse yourself in the culture, meet locals, and practice your language skills. You will be working in a non-English speaking environment and must be able to communicate at an advanced level (Track III or above). Limited placements in an English-based environment may also be available.
Internship placements in Lüneburg include:
- High Schools - English language teaching - 3 positions available.
- Industrie und Handelskammer - Local chamber of commerce where students will be immersed in German business standards, customs, and norms and gain insight into different German businesses and legal structures - 1 position available.
- Engineering Department, Leuphana University - Students will work on the fundamental processes of control systems as well as use Matlab/Simulink to simulate different technical processes.
- Industrial Adhesive Manufacturing Company - Students will assist engineers with specific measurements and become familiar with the entire value chain from raw material to adhesive.
*Placement with a particular internship provider is not guaranteed.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Junior standing (at time of internship)
- Foreign language proficiency (some placements)
A $200 refundable fee is charged and returned upon successful completion of the internship. Placement is not guaranteed by USAC; rather it will be determined by your application, supporting materials, and an interview with the internship sponsor on site.