Global Student Athlete Program
Student athletes who are interested in studying abroad but need to maintain a serious training/fitness regiment can take advantage of Massey University's Global Student Athlete program. This program is only available at the Palmerston North campus. Global Student Athlete provides training and conditioning to complement a fall and/or spring semester at Massey and is structured outside of normal classroom hours. Students will train with the elite sportspeople of the Manawatu region and have opportunities to engage with both professional athletes and New Zealand representatives. Students can choose from one of five tracks:
- Strength & Conditioning: Provides athletes from any sport with structured personal training sessions to improve their stamina and fitness.
- Elite Sport Services: Combine comprehensive workshops, performance tracking, and a sport centre membership.
- Rugby: Is an opportunity for overseas rugby players to train alongside professional coaches and athletes in New Zealand.
- Equestrian: Gives experienced riders three riding sessions per week, focusing on dressage or showjumping, and all necessary equipment for your horse.
- Cricket: Includes coaching by international players, weekly training sessions, placement into a local cricket team, and enrollment in Elite Sport Services.
There is a supplemental fee for the Global Student Athlete program, ranging from NZ $245-NZ $5,000, and it depends on the track you choose to pursue. In addition, scholarships of up to NZ $750 are available for students who participate in any of the Global Student Athlete tracks. No additional forms are required to apply for one of the Accelerator Scholarships. Everyone who enrols in GSA is automatically considered for one of the scholarships.
USAC's program advisors are available to answer your questions and provide aditional information. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org