In our exciting and new Virtual Internship program, explore your future career interests by working online with businesses and organizations that are based at our Specialty Program locations around the world.
During this 3-credit internship, you can conduct work in a number of popular career fields including:
- Arts and Culture
- Computer Science and IT
- Digital Marketing
- Event planning
- Electrical/Control Engineering
- English-Language Instruction
- Grant-Writing and Crowd Funding
- Health and Wellness
- Journalism and Communications
- NGO and Social Services
- Research - Health Sciences, Humanities and Social Sciences, Sciences
USAC offers virtual internships related to your preferred career field, but cannot guarantee placement with a particular internship provider. As part of the interview and placement process students, resident directors and internship supervisors will develop an internship contract that specifies the work to be completed and weekly work schedule.
How USAC Virtual Internships Work
Although the placement site will be a world away, you will be in regular contact with the Resident Director and your placement supervisor who will introduce you to your internship organization, its mission, and most importantly, the work they do.
- Interns will complete a minimum of 120 work hours remotely during U.S. working hours. This format allows students to gain professional work experience, learn more about a future career field, and develop an appreciation for the workplace culture of their placement country.
- Internships include a 15-hour seminar that will help students make sense of their internship experience and navigate the cross-cultural landscape of the workplace.
We welcome students who
- Are at least 18 years old at the time of application
- Have a grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Will have sophomore standing or higher at the time of the internship
- A personal interview is required.
The Application Process
Step 1: Online Application
- Complete the USAC Virtual Internship online application form.
- Receive USAC welcome email along with login instructions to access your USAC Student Gateway account.
- Login to your USAC Student Gateway Account, submit your unofficial transcripts to email@example.com and complete your application.
Step 2: Pre-Screening
- Complete the Virtual Internship placement form.
- USAC staff will contact applicants and schedule a prescreening interview to help determine best placement options.
Step 3: Placement
- Pay the $500 non-refundable placement deposit.
- Your application materials will be forwarded to the Resident Director and the placement internship supervisor for review.
- If requested, interview with the Resident Director and placement internship supervisor.
- If the placement is confirmed, students will receive a formal internship contract that outlines the work schedule and work responsibilities.
- Sign Internship Contract to accept placement. Once the contract has been signed by the student, the Program Fee is non-refundable.
2021-22 App. Cycle
2022-23 App. Cycle
Summer & Semester:
Opens early 2022
Minimum GPA: 3.0
Sophomore standing or higher
3 US credits