In our exciting and new Virtual Internship program, explore your future career interests by working online with businesses and organizations that are based at our Specialty Program locations around the world.
During this 3-credit internship, you can conduct work in a number of popular career fields including:
- Digital marketing and social media management
- Event planning
- Social welfare/Social services
- English language instruction
USAC offers virtual internships related to your preferred career field, but cannot guarantee placement with a particular internship provider.
Virtual Internships start between June 1 and August 7. The exact dates and work schedule will be determined by each internship supervisor. See a current list of Summer 2020 internships here.
How USAC Virtual Internships Work
Although the placement site will be a world away, you will be in regular contact with the Resident Director and your placement supervisor who will introduce you to your internship organization, its mission, and most importantly, the work they do.
- Interns will complete a minimum of 120 work hours remotely during U.S. working hours. This format allows students to gain professional work experience, learn more about a future career field, and develop an appreciation for the workplace culture of their placement country.
- Internships include a 15-hour seminar that will help students make sense of their internship experience and navigate the cross-cultural landscape of the workplace.
We welcome students who
- Are at least 18 years old at the time of application and who are enrolled in a university degree-seeking program
- Have a grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Will have sophomore standing or higher at the time of the internship
- A personal interview is required.
USAC is waiving the application fee for 2020-21 to allow students to apply to the Global Perspectives Program at no financial risk.
The Application Process
- Complete the USAC Virtual Internship online application form.
- Receive preliminary approval notification via email along with login instructions for your USAC Student Gateway account.
- Login to your USAC Student Gateway Account and submit your unofficial transcripts and Virtual Internship placement form.
- Submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once the application, placement form, and supplementary materials are received, USAC staff will contact applicants and schedule a prescreening interview to help determine the best placement for the student. At that point, application materials will be forwarded to one of our Specialty Program Resident Directors, who will work with one of our placement sites to confirm the placement. Once a placement is confirmed, students will be introduced to the site supervisor and work together to establish a schedule and work responsibilities.
2020-21 App. Cycle
Minimum GPA: 3.0
Sophomore standing or higher
3 US credits