1-866-404-USAC 1-775-784-6569 1-775-784-6010

Cuba Passport and Visa Information


To study abroad, you must have a signed, valid passport from your country of citizenship that will not expire for a minimum of 6 months after your planned return date. If you do not have a passport, or it's about to expire, make sure you apply or renew as soon as possible! US Citizens can refer to the US Department of State’s website for more information regarding passports. Students must have a visa in order to study in Cuba. The USAC office will assist in this process. USAC needs a copy of your passport in order to facilitate this process. Keep this in mind when applying for the program. If you have any questions contact the USAC Central Office.


A student visa is official permission by a foreign government to live and study in that country.

Further information will be posted to your USAC Student Gateway account in the USAC Visa Guide, which you will receive after you have been accepted into your USAC program (about 4 months prior to the program start). Program Advisors in the Central Office are also available to answer any visa questions you may have.

Non-US Citizens

Check with your home country consulate, as well as the embassy of the country in which you plan to study, regarding visa requirements. Permanent Residents of the US should check with US Immigration as leaving the country for more than one year may jeopardize permanent resident status. Tax clearance and re-entry forms may also be necessary in these cases.