Internships for Heredia, Costa Rica
Internships in Heredia are offered during the semester and yearlong terms. Internships are optional and included in your program fees. They range from 1-3 credits and are counted as part of your credit load. Interns earn credit, but no financial compensation. In addition to professional and academic experience, internships are a great way to immerse yourself in the culture, meet locals, and practice your language skills.
Internship placements in Heredia include:
- Centro de Investigaciones Apícolas Tropicales - (CINAT) - Apicultural studies and research - 2 positions available.
- Instituto de Investigación y Servicios Forestales (INISEFOR) - Forestry and plant research - 2 positions available.
- Herbarium - Leaf species collection and research
- Biology School - Carribean sand research - 3 positions available.
- Chemistry School - Chemistry studies and research - 3 positions available.
- Environmental Sciences School - (Greenhouse Project) - Reforestation.
- Observatorio Vulcanológico y Sismológicao de Costa Rica (OVSICORI) - Vulcanological Research - 2 positions available
- Communication Office - Journalism and radio/TV programming - 1 position available.
- Economy School - Research projects - 2 positions available.
- Centro Internacional de Política Económica para el Desarrollo Sostenible (CINPE) - Research projects - 3 positions available.
- Club Campestre El Castillo Country Club - Hotel management - 2 positions available.
- Proyecto Sistema de Gestión Administrativa (SIGESA) - Administrative management systems - 3 positions available
- Health Department at Universidad Nacional de Costa Rica (UNA) - Nursing - 1 position available.
- Centro de Rehabitilación Cardiaca at Universidad Nacional de Costa Rica - (UNA) - Heart Rehabilitation - 1 position available.
- Corazon de Jesus Casa Hogar - Homeless shelter.
- Centro Diurno Miraflores - Nursing home.
Education/English Language Instruction
- Public Ministry of Education
- Private schools and high schools
- Office Administration School
- English Classes for Campus Administrators - 2 positions available.
- Master in Translation Program - 1 position available.
*Placement with a particular internship provider is not guaranteed.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Junior standing (at time of internship)
- Foreign language proficiency (Four semesters of college-level Spanish)
Beginning in Summer 2021, a non-refundable internship placement fee will be required of all students participating in an in-person USAC internship. This fee helps offset the costs of securing quality internship placements and helps provide a range of professional development activities, including an online internship seminar, career workshops, and panel discussions. The fee amount has not been finalized but will be announced in the near future.
Placement is not guaranteed by USAC; rather it will be determined by your application, supporting materials, and an interview with the internship sponsor on site.
2021-22 App. Cycle
Summer Session I (5 weeks): Open
Summer Session II (4 weeks): Open
Summer Session I&II (9 weeks): Open
Minimum GPA: 2.5
English | Spanish
Passport & Visa
Passport & Visa Information