Internships for Heredia, Costa Rica
Internships in Heredia are offered during the semester and yearlong terms. Internships are optional and included in your program fees. They range from 1-3 credits and are counted as part of your credit load. Interns earn credit, but no financial compensation. In addition to professional and academic experience, internships are a great way to immerse yourself in the culture, meet locals, and practice your language skills.
Internship placements in Heredia include:
English Teaching/Assisting Professors
- Public Ministry of Education
- Private schools and high schools
- Office Administration School
- English Classes for Campus Administrators - 2 positions available.
- Master in Translation Program - 1 position available.
Biology, Ecology, Environmental Sciences
- Centro de Investigaciones Apícolas Tropicales - (CINAT) - Apicultural studies and research - 2 positions available.
- Instituto de Investigación y Servicios Forestales (INISEFOR) - Forestry and plant research - 2 positions available.
- Herbarium - Leaf species collection and research
- Biology School - Carribean sand research - 3 positions available.
- Chemistry School - Chemistry studies and research - 3 positions available.
- Environmental Sciences School - (Greenhouse Project) - Reforestation.
- Observatorio Vulcanológico y Sismológicao de Costa Rica (OVSICORI) - Vulcanological Research - 2 positions available
- Communication Office - Journalism and radio/TV programming - 1 position available.
- Proyecto Sistema de Gestión Administrativa (SIGESA) - Administrative management systems - 3 positions available
- Economy School - Research projects - 2 positions available.
- Centro Internacional de Política Económica para el Desarrollo Sostenible (CINPE) - Research projects - 3 positions available.
- Club Campestre El Castillo Country Club - Hotel management - 2 positions available.
- Health Department at Universidad Nacional de Costa Rica (UNA) - Nursing - 1 position available.
- Centro de Rehabitilación Cardiaca at Universidad Nacional de Costa Rica - (UNA) - Heart Rehabilitation - 1 position available.
Socio-cultural & Others
- Corazon de Jesus Casa Hogar - Homeless shelter.
- Centro Diurno Miraflores - Nursing home.
*Placement with a particular internship provider is not guaranteed.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Junior standing (at time of internship)
- Foreign language proficiency (Four semesters of college-level Spanish)
A $200 refundable fee is charged and returned upon successful completion of the internships. Placement is not guaranteed by USAC; rather it will be determined by your application, supporting materials, and an interview with the internship sponsor on site.