Engage With USAC
Join us on social media to keep up to date on what's going on in your study abroad location and to stay in contact with friends.
Share Your Experience
We want to hear your stories from your time abroad and updates on what you are up to today. USAC has been providing study abroad opportunities for over 30 years; we always want to know what you've accomplished and how study abroad has impacted your life after returning home, after graduation, in your career, and beyond.
Send updates, photos, video, links to articles, and so on to firstname.lastname@example.org
Plan a Presentation, Event, or Project
Spread the word about study abroad and the lessons you learned on your program! As a USAC alumnus, you can apply individually or as a group of USAC alumni for a grant of up to $500 to offset the cost of food, supplies, event space, transportation, etc. associated with a presentation, event, or project that allows more students to learn about study abroad and USAC programs, the resources available, and the lessons gained.
- Share Your Story
- Organize a presentation and Q&A in your dorm for students interested in study abroad.
- Host a luncheon or dinner with an alumni speaker.
- Present to high school or elementary school classrooms about study abroad and the available scholarships.
- Gain Skills
- Expand on a Project
- For Benjamin A. Gilman Scholarship awardees, expand on your Follow-On Service Project
- For Freeman-ASIA awardees, expand on your Service Project
- Organize an event with your home university's study abroad office during International Education Week to share your experience and host country culture/food.
- Work with other alumni to host a reflection event where you share your stories and experiences with prospective students and enjoy international snacks or pizza.
- Host an event with an on-campus club or organization (first generation group, student athletes, Greek life, student government, cultural and/or heritage club) to promote study abroad and your USAC experience.
- Use Your Knowledge
- Hold a budgeting workshop on financing study abroad.
- Host a presentation about crowdfunding for study abroad.
Check out the below stories about alumni's grant-funded events to gain inspiration for your own Alumni Grant event or project!
How to Apply for a Grant
If you are interested in applying for an Alumni Grant, you may do so here.
If you have questions, please contact the USAC Alumni Coordinator.
Go Again Alumni Discounts
Here at USAC, we know that money matters. In many cases, discounts are available if a student is to attend a second USAC program. This discount applies to all USAC students with no outstanding balance who return from or extend to a USAC Specialty program.
- Students who have returned from or are currently participating on a USAC semester/year program are eligible for a $500 discount for another semester/year Specialty program or a $300 discount for a summer or January Specialty program.
- Students who return from or are currently participating on a USAC summer or January program are eligible for a $300 discount for a semester/year Specialty program or $100 discount for another summer or January Specialty program.
Start a Scholarship
There are many ways to share your experience and give back to your community. One special way of doing so is to pay it forward. USAC offers multiple opportunities to help fund a student's study abroad experience and provide them with this life-changing journey. If you're interested in learning more about starting a scholarship or contributing to an existing scholarship, contact the Scholarship Coordinator.