Awards And Affiliations
Awards & Recognitions
- USAC awarded “Outstanding International Education Initiative” by the American College Personnel Association (ACPA) Commission for Global Dimensions of Student Development (CGDSD) in recognition of USAC’s innovative Global Perspectives career and culture workshops and its Academic Guest Lecture series. (2020)
- USAC earns Community Choice Award for "Fun" and "Best Study Abroad Provider" by GoOverseas.com (2018, 2019)
- Selected as a Top Rated Study Abroad Organization by GoAbroad.com based on student feedback for three consecutive years (2017, 2018, 2019)
- USAC co-hosts a forum on education abroad workshop: Crafting Emergency Action Plans and Protocols (2015)
- Silver ADDY Award by the American Advertising Federation (AAF) of Reno (2012)
- USAC program Viterbo, Italy receives “Award of Recognition” from the Mayor of Viterbo for contributions to the city and surrounding community (2011).
- USAC organizes NAFSA: the Association of International Educators, Region XII Conference (2010)
- The U.S. Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs awarded USAC a Certificate of Designation as a Passport Acceptance Facility (2010-2014)
- USAC receives recognition from the Costa Rican Tourism Institute for its social, cultural and economic impact on the country (2007).
- “Excellence in Global Trade” certificate of commendation from the Nevada World Trade Council (NEWTRAC) and US Senator Harry Reid (2007).
- ”2007 Excellence in International Business“ from the Nevada World Trade Council (NEWTRAC).
- Nevada State Senate Concurrent Resolution # 38 (2005) - Expressing support for USAC's international education and foreign exchange student programs
- University of Nevada Thornton Peace Prize (2005) – For providing students with the opportunity to “grow in understanding of the world in general and of another culture in depth.”
- Nevada State Senate Concurrent Resolution #34 (2001) - Honoring the University Studies Abroad Consortium within the University and Community College System of Nevada for providing “college students with the skills, knowledge and worldly experience to participate successfully in the world of the future.”
- Regional Service Award from NAFSA: the Association of International Educators, Region XII (1999).
- Proclamation from the Mayor’s Office of Reno, NV (1999) – Honoring USAC through Director Carmelo Urza for contributing to the internationalization of the community.
- Tambor de Oro (Gold Drum) award (1995) – Honoring USAC through Director Carmelo Urza for its contributions to the dissemination of and contribution to Basque culture.
Memberships and Affiliations
USAC supports the efforts of these organizations to establish standards and advance the field of international education.
Forum on Education Abroad
NAFSA Global Partner
ASAPI - Association of Study Abroad Providers in Ireland
APICH - Asociación de Programas Internacionales en Chile AG
OSAC Constituent - United States Department of State, Bureau of Diplomatic Security
AACUPI - Association of American College and University Programs in Italy
APUAF - Association des Programmes Universitaires Américains en France
APUNE - Asociación de Programas Universitarios Norteamericanos en España
IIE - Institute of International Education
Generation Study Abroad
Brazilian Studies Association