Maastricht Courses - 2020 Summer
Summer Session I has been cancelled due to CDC and State Department advisory levels. A decision regarding Summer Session II will be made mid-April. Please check back here for updates.
Studying abroad can be a more meaningful and invigorating learning experience than at home—both inside and outside of the classroom. You may be more curious and alert than you usually are so use this heightened energy to enhance your studies as well as your cultural and geographical explorations. You may also encounter different teaching styles and course processes; be prepared to adapt and to learn.
Taught in English
USAC's partnership with Maastricht University allows you to focus your studies on the economic, political and socio-cultural aspects of Europe and European integration, or approach topics from a wider international perspective. The program is split into two 3-week instructional blocks. Students will take one course in each block. You will earn 12 ECTS (6 US credits) from Maastricht University on this six-week program.
Instructional Block I
Previous courses for Block 1 have included:
- Creating Health Literate Societies
- Entrepreneurship: It's All About Creating Value
- Intercultural Communication
- Marketing (Skills) for the 21st Century
- Medical Ethics - Moral health care dilemmas and choices from a European perspective
- Dutch Art History
- The European Union: Peace, Conflict, and Human Rights
- Psychology in Our World
Instructional Block II
Previous courses for Block II have included:
- Comparative Analysis of Global News Coverage
- Economics of European Integration: Challenges, Policies, and Practices in the European Business Environment
- Global Intercultural Management
- Developmental Neuropsychology
- European Public Health in a Globalizing World
- European Welfare State: Current Challenges and Perspective
- International Transatlantic Trade and Investment
- Law and Politics, Current Topics in the European Union
- Leadership and Management in a Global World
- Positive Psychology
Course offerings are subject to change.
Course descriptions are available upon request. Contact your Program Advisor for more information.