Internships for Lyon, France
Internships are offered during the semester and yearlong terms. Internships are optional and included in your program fees. They range from 1-3 credits and are counted as part of your credit load. Interns earn credit, but no financial compensation. In addition to professional and academic experience, internships are a great way to immerse yourself in the culture, meet locals, and practice your language skills.
Internship Placements in Lyon Include:
- St. Marie Elementary School - English language teaching - 6 positions available.
- Charles Démia Elementary School - English language teaching - 2 positions available.
- St. Thomas D'Aquin Veritas English Club- (English language teaching - 10 positions available.
- Chevreul-Lestonnac Middle and High School - English language teaching - 10 positions available.
- SEPR High School - English language teaching - 10 positions available.
- Centre Social St Jean - English language teaching - 2 positions available.
- CEESO Lyon Osteopathy School - Marketing and business administration - 2 positions available.
- This is Lyon - Online magazine - 5 positions available.
*Placement with a particular internship provider is not guaranteed.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Junior standing (at time of internship)
- Foreign language proficiency (some placements)
A $200 refundable fee is charged and returned upon successful completion of the internship. Placement is not gauranteed by USAC; it will be determined by your application, supporting materials, and an interview with the internship sponsor on site.