Program Highlights for Prague, Czech Republic
- Explore the narrow, curved streets, marvelous courtyards, and green patios that make up 30% of downtown—a lovely city for walking.
- Live in a beautiful medieval city, home to the oldest university in Central and Eastern Europe.
- Learn about Prague’s rich history and political relevance.
- Join an amazing tour to three European capital cities and cultures (Budapest, Bratislava and Vienna).
- Enjoy easy, inexpensive, and safe travel to nearby European countries.
- Take Czech cuisine courses and recreate favorite dishes.
- The USAC Resident Director and staff are present on-site full-time to welcome and support you during your term abroad.
Why Study in Prague?
The Prague program is ideal for students interested in studying and living in an extraordinary medieval city. Prague is an open textbook of modern and traditional literature, art, architecture, and culture enclosed in the beautiful scenery of the city, including its walls, castles, and frescoes. This program includes at least two one-day field trips and an optional 1-credit Vienna and Budapest Field Study course that represent exceptional opportunities to discover the cultural and historical richness of Prague and Central Europe. Prague experiences all four seasons that are typical for Central Europe—colorful falls with harvest festivals, quiet winters with traditional customs and winter sports, fresh springs with blossoming flowers filling Prague’s parks, and warm summers with outdoor festivals.
Students can study for one semester, a full year, or during the summer which consists of two four-week sessions, which can be combined for an eight-week session. You choose from a wide range of courses with a focus on Central Europe and the Czech Republic and may take courses in politics, literature, history, business, psychology, sociology, and the arts. Semester or yearlong students will also learn the basics of the Czech language in a two-week Czech intensive course offered at the beginning of each semester. Additionally, semester students may also choose to complete an internship, which provides an unmatched opportunity to practice your language skills and gain international professional experience.
2022-23 App. Cycle
- Spring: Open
- Deadline: Oct 1
2023-24 App. Cycle
Summer and Semester Programs:
Preferred Minimum GPA: 2.5
Semester: 85 students
Summer: 55 students per session
English | Czech