Internships for Chengdu, China
Internships in Chengdu are offered during the semester and yearlong terms. Internships are optional and are included in your program fees. They range from 1-3 credits and are counted as part of your credit load. Interns earn credit, but no financial compensation. In addition to professional and academic experience, internships area great way to immerse yourself in the culture, meet locals, and practice your language skills.
Past internship placements in Chengdu have included:
- Daishi International Education Center (English language exam preparation, 3 positions available, no Chinese language requirement)
- Oriental Charity Foundation (Non-profit foundation focusing on underprivileged children, 5 positions available)
- GoChengdu Media Group (Chengdu City Government website, 3 positions available)
- Rhombus Chengdu Hotel, Park Aura (High-end hotel management, 2 positions available)
- Children's English training school or local elementary school (English language tutoring, 3 positions available)
- Crate International Limited (Restaurant business management, 2 positions available)
- The Range Bar & Grill (Western-style bar and restaurant, 2 positions available)
- Community Medical Clinic (Traditional Chinese medicine, 2 positions available, eight semesters of college-level Chinese required)
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Junior standing (at time of internship)
- Foreign language proficiency (six semesters of college-level Chinese unless otherwise noted)
A $200 refundable fee is charged and returned upon successful completion of the internships. Placement is not guaranteed by USAC; rather it will be determined by your application, supporting materials, and an interview with the internship sponsor on site.