Internships for Chengdu, China
Internships in Chengdu are offered during the semester and yearlong terms. Internships are optional and are included in your program fees. They range from 1-3 credits and are counted as part of your credit load. Interns earn credit, but no financial compensation. In addition to professional and academci experience, internships area great way to immerse yourself in the culture, meet locals, and practice your language skills.
Past internship placements in Chengdu have included:
- Oriental Charity Foundation
- Chengdu Daily Newspaper
- Rhombus Chengdu Hotel, Park Aura
- Dragon Expeditions
- Teaching English as a Second Language in local schools
- Crate International Limited
- The Range Bar & Grill
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Junior standing (at time of internship)
- Foreign language proficiency (some placements)
A $200 refundable fee is charged and returned upon successful completion of the internships. Placement is not guaranteed by USAC; rather it will be determined by your application, supporting materials, and an interview with the internship sponsor on site.