Internships for Chengdu, China
Due to heightened concerns about student health and safety we are immediately suspending internship placements, volunteer work, and service-learning projects in health care facilities at all USAC program sites for the remainder of the Spring 2020 and Summer 2020 academic terms. We will continue to monitor the situation and make a decision regarding the availability of these placements during the Fall 2020 semester in the coming weeks. If you have any questions, please contact the USAC internship team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internships in Chengdu are offered during the semester and yearlong terms. Internships are optional and are included in your program fees. They range from 1-3 credits and are counted as part of your credit load. Interns earn credit, but no financial compensation. In addition to professional and academic experience, internships area great way to immerse yourself in the culture, meet locals, and practice your language skills.
Internship placements in Chengdu include:
- Crate International Limited - Restaurant business management - 2 positions available.
- Rhombus Chengdu Hotel, Park Aura - High-end hotel management - 2 positions available.
- The Range Bar & Grill - Western-style bar and restaurant - 2 positions available.
- GoChengdu Media Group - Chengdu City Government website - 3 positions available
- Oriental Charity Foundation - Non-profit foundation focusing on underprivileged children - 5 positions available.
- Community Medical Clinic - Traditional Chinese medicine - 2 positions available (eight semesters of college-level Chinese required)
Education/English Language Instruction
- Children's English training school or local elementary school - English language tutoring - 3 positions available.
- Daishi International Education Center - English language exam preparation - 3 positions available (no Chinese language requirement)
*Placement with a particular internship provider is not guaranteed.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Junior standing (at time of internship)
- Foreign language proficiency (six semesters of college-level Chinese unless otherwise noted)
A $200 refundable fee is charged and returned upon successful completion of the internships. Placement is not guaranteed by USAC; rather it will be determined by your application, supporting materials, and an interview with the internship sponsor on site.