Internships for Santiago, Chile
Internships in Santiago are offered during the summer, semester, and yearlong terms. Internships are optional and included in your program fees. Interns receive up to two credits in the summer or up to three credits in the semester, but no financial compensation. Internships count as part of your credit load. In addition to professional and academic experience, internships are a great way to immerse yourself in the culture, meet locals, and practice your language skills. Students are placed in a Spanish-speaking environment, with high exposure to culture and language. Internships fall into the broad categories of education, museums, design and communication, social work/social welfare, human rights, arts administration, non-profits, the environment, and hospitality.
Internship placements in Santiago include:
Students interns will work with local broadcast journalism professionals managing dynamic content. These placements require advanced Spanish profiency.
- MSN Chile - Working with the editor of the MSN.cl website, students will assist with content arrangement and editing, translation, and publication
- Subela Radio
- Radio Tiempo
- Mega TV
Student interns will work in the marketing department of local companies and contribute to publication, web, and broadcast advertising.
- AFP Capital
- Sherwin Williams
- El Circo del Mundo* - A non-profit performing arts organization, founded in 1995 with the support of Cirque du Soleil, dedicated to the teaching, professionalization, and promotion of the circus in Chile by providing a training school in circus performance and programming for disadvantaged youth. Positions include office intern, language tutor/teacher, health/kinesiology/physiotherapy/nutrition, sport science, martial arts, or music/dance/circus.
- Fundación Pablo Neruda (Pablo Neruda Foundation) - Foundation whose mission is to promote and preserve the poetic, artistic, and humanist legacy of the poet, to provide greater access to his work in Chile, and to offer a platform to support writers and artists.
- Súmate - A non-profit organization whose mission is to work with children and at-risk youth to improve their educational and life skills for future employability, working with different age groups to provide tutoring and social support.
- Museo La Merced
- Maria Jesus Vergara - A home for children with cancer.
- EDRAS - Dramatherapy School
- Chilextremo: an organization founded in 2009 to develop and operate adventure sports and tourism in Chile. They operate hostels, activities related to extreme sports at the beach, in the mountains, and in the city. Recently they have expanded into large-scale sporting events such as the first championship "Running Chile Challenge."
- Hotel Acacias de Vitacura (Acacias Hotel): an attractive, four-star hotel in a quiet, residential area of Santiago. Positions include administration, human resources, communication in English, or other aspects of the hotel operations.
Examples marked with an asterisk have summer internships available; you'll need to attend both Summer Sessions I & II to participate.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Junior Standing (at time of internship)
- Foreign language proficiency (some placements)
Beginning in Summer 2021, a non-refundable internship placement fee will be required of all students participating in an in-person USAC internship. This fee helps offset the costs of securing quality internship placements and helps provide a range of professional development activities, including an online internship seminar, career workshops, and panel discussions. The fee amount has not been finalized but will be announced in the near future.
Placement is not guaranteed by USAC; rather it will be determined by your application, supporting materials, and an interview with the internship sponsor on site.
2021-22 App. Cycle
Summer Session I (4 weeks): Open
Summer Session II (5 weeks): Open
Summer Session I&II (9 weeks): Open
Minimum GPA: 2.5
Semester: 60 students
Summer: 40 students
English | Spanish
APICH--Associación de Programas Internacionales en Chile AG
Passport & Visa
Passport & Visa Information