Activities for Florianópolis, Brazil
You are encouraged to participate in local university activities, including sports, music, and dance, and meet Brazilian students who will help to you understand their language and culture. As a USAC student, you will have full access to all sports and library facilities on campus. Students on campus hang out at local cafes and snack bars, at the Centro de Cultura e Eventos, and at the large esplanade in the middle of campus (where outdoor concerts are held every Wednesday afternoon).
USAC staff also plan some great events to enable you to be able to take full advantage and immerse yourself in the host campus and host commmunity. Examples include capoeira classes, yoga classes, soccer games with local UFSC students, hikes, conversation exchange events with Brazilian students, guest talks by visiting professors and guest speakers, rafting trips, a samba class, and movie showings. Full details and schedules are provided during the on-site orientation.
Cultural Immersion Opportunities
- Participate in activities organized by UFSC, including sports, music, and dance
- Practice Portuguese with your language exchange partner
- Volunteer at schools and in social projects
- Take field trips and do outdoor activities with other students
- Attend local festivals and professional conferences
- Don’t miss the cultural activities going on around town, like sporting events, hiking, beach volleyball, and more
- Attend a local surfing school
You are also encouraged to participate in the opportunities listed below.